Dr. T’s Yummy Healthy Chicken Cutlets
This little recipe is a Dr. T’s original. Well…. and my kids helped out too!
4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
Plain bread-crumbs on a flat plate
¼ cup of plain egg whites
Salt and seasoning per your own taste
¼ cup of olive oil
- Cut the chicken breast into thin strips or small nugget size pieces. The thinner the cut the faster and better the cutlets will cook.
- Season the chicken with plain salt or poultry seasoning according to your taste. Although some bread crumbs contain seasoning use the plain ones. It is better when you control the sodium/salt you add to your food. The already seasoned ones contain 630 mg of sodium per serving which is a large quantity.
- Dip the cutlets thoroughly in the egg whites.
- Roll them on the bread crumbs.
- Fry them in very hot olive oil until completely and thoroughly cooked.
Enjoy these cutlets! These are easy, yummy and very healthy. Lot better for you and your children than the precooked, frozen, store brand or fast food.
By: Dr. Edna Tello, MD